7/01/2007

CELEBRATE CANADA DAY!

Eh?! Happy Canada Day to all our favorite Canucks! We couldn't let this day go by without bowing to our only true friends in this hemisphere. One of my favorite people- TWBH (translated "The Worlds Best Husband") was born and raised till the ripe old age of 2 in Edmonton Alberta. Even his Uncle was speaker of the house in Vancouver way back when. But who cares really?

Just think of all the special things Canada brings to the good old USA...hockey, maple syrup, mounties, their special type of bacon (which is really just ham.) Our northern neighbors may be considered stuffy and behind the times but think of the great ones who've made us laugh- Adam Sandler, Jim Carrie, Tom Green, Mike Myers, Dan Akroyd, Norm McDonald, Phil Hartman. Hey, wait a minute, there would be no Saturday Night Live without Canada! At least the good years anyway!!!

So how about the really brilliant actors like Keanu Reeves, Rick Moranis, Donald & Kieffer Sutherland, and last but not least William Shatner. There's more to these Canucks than meets the eye.

Anyway, we have one special Canadian who means the world to us (me and Melissavina) go check him out. Grab a perogie and have a HAPPY CANADA DAY!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahh, this was lovely. As much as it pains me to accept the fact that William Shatner is Canadian like me, I've learned to deal with. Having exceptionally fantastic beer has helped me through this.

Me-Shelle said...

Thanks Brandy- I agree you do have good beer- sorry I didn't add it to my post.

HopSkipJump said...

Mother M, you can check me out anytime! Have a great 4th of July! I'll be with you in spirit and make it my duty to consume a case of American beer in your honor.